Homes for Veterans
- Homes for Our Troops – Building mortgage-free, specially adapted homes nationwide for severely injured Veterans, Post-9/11 victims, which enables them to rebuild their lives.
- Helping a Hero: Home Program – HelpingaHero.org is the 2nd largest national organization building homes for our severely wounded heroes injured in theater during the War on Terror. They have awarded 100 homes in 22 states and are committed to helping our brave and courageous wounded warriors on their road to recovery.
- Building Homes for Heroes – Building Homes for Heroes is strongly committed to rebuilding lives and supporting the brave men and women who were injured while serving our country. The organization builds or modifies homes, and gifts them, mortgage-free, to veterans and their families.
- Wounded Warrior Homes – Is a grassroots charitable non-profit chartered to provide transitional housing to single post-9/11 combat veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS). They deeply care about our nation and appreciate the sacrifices of those who have served in armed conflict to protect our country, our nation’s interests, our people and those in other nations.
Jobs for Veterans
- USA Jobs for Veterans – The Federal Government has a long and outstanding record of employing veterans. Veterans have technical skills in areas of critical importance, and many also already have security clearances required for some Federal positions. Federal service provides a means for veterans to continue their noble service to this country.
- Vet Jobs – VetJobs services makes it easy to reach transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and, due to the services provided by VetJobs, are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines as well as their family members.
- Hire Veterans – Recognized by industry experts as a leader, we offer Employers access to resumes and job postings so that they can reach our unique visitors. For U.S. Veteran Job Seekers, we offer the very best and relevant jobs offered by world class companies in the USA and abroad. Through our alliances with many veterans organizations, networks, and other military agencies, HireVeterans.com has established its brand as a top e-recruiting site for the veterans of our armed forces.
- Military & Veteran Jobs – Military.com launched in 1999 to revolutionize the way the 30 million Americans with military affinity stay connected and informed. Today, it is the largest military and veteran membership organization — 10 million members strong.
- We Hire Heroes – Today’s veterans bring unique abilities and experience to the civilian workforce, including hard-to-teach skills like loyalty, dedication, self motivation, sustained performance under pressure, respect for procedures and the ability to work as a team. WeHireHeroes.com believe in standing with those who have stood strong for us.
Veterans with PTSD
African PTSD Relief Now – African PTSD Relief is a project of PTSD Relief Now. African PTSD Relief collaborates with the David Lynch Foundation (DLF). DLF directs all donations restricted to African PTSD Relief to PTSD Relief Now projects in and for Africa.
Soldiers Best Friend – Provides U.S. military veterans living with combat-related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with Service or Therapeutic Companion Dogs, most of which are rescued from local shelters. The veteran and dog train together to build a trusting relationship that saves two lives at once and inspires countless others.
- PTSD United – A non-profit organization dedicated to providing support and resources for sufferers of PTSD, their families and caregivers, and anyone interested in learning more about Post Traumatic Stress. Among their growing areas of focus, their flagship program is huddl.org: the Anonymous Support Network for Trauma. huddl.org is a free, completely anonymous online community available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week where people can go to connect with others living with PTSD.
General Information on PTSD and Relationships
- Effects of PTSD on Family | Efectos del TEPT Sobre la Familia
Describes family problems and common reactions family members have when a loved one has PTSD.
- Relationships and PTSD
Describes how trauma reactions can sometimes get in the way of closeness and connecting with others.
- Help for Family and Friends | Asistencia para Familiares y Amigos
Learn about resources to help you take care of yourself while supporting someone with PTSD.
- Helping a Family Member Who Has PTSD | Cómo Ayudar a un Familiar que Tiene TEPT
Ways you can help a loved one with PTSD and ways you can help yourself.
General Veteran Resources
- Veterans National Assistance Fund – Our goal is to assist America’s Veterans from all wars and conflicts through the myriad of problems that plague those who have served our nation. Although we celebrate homecoming, readjustment back into civilian life can be a struggle.
- National Veterans Foundation – We help veterans and their families who are enduring a crisis or who have a critical need for help. Veterans of any era can call LIFELINE FOR VETS for assistance.
- Help The Vets – Non-profit organization improving the lives of severely injured U.S. Veterans who have given limbs in service to our country and are the victims of land mines and serious attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Vets Helping Heroes – Their mission is to provide the financial support for assistance dogs trained by professionals for veterans who have served honorably and active duty military personnel injured during service in the U.S. Armed Forces.